In most cases a complete restoration of a valuable piano will cost much less than the price of a new one! A complete restoration includes rebuilding and refinishing (both might be ordered separately too).
The full process of a piano restoration takes about two weeks for a technician and includes the following main steps:
- Pin block replacement
- Refinishing the plate
- Repairs done to the bridges and sound board
- Refinishing the sound board
- Restringing with new strings (hand-wound bass strings, only the finest quality german iron strings)
- Reconditioning the piano action (new set of hammers, etc...)
In order to bring the piano to it's original look we usually do the following:
- Strip the old finish down
- Sand entire piano and parts
- Correct any harm done to the wood during the years
- Apply color
- Apply lacquer or polyester finish
- Install new hardware (pedals, hinges, knobs, etc...)
Please contact us for a concrete offer!